Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Que sera sera


Whatever will beeeee, will beeeee.


Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Over and over. As I rock back and forth. Baaack and forth.


We lost out on the house we bid on. Bid on, and, I might add, shelled out four hundred dollars for an inspection on. And wasted god only knows how much psychic energy on. Bah. Apparently some fucker paid cash and offered more than us. I hope they get mauled by a bear.


The hippie/spiritualist in me says "it wasn't meant to be." The really bat-shit crazy superstitious freak in me says, "you offered a number comprised entirely of threes and sevens and there were 13 offers. What did you expect?"


Does anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about? This is what happens when you're the only one of your friends who attended Sunday school. You can take the girl out of the church, but you can't take the church out of the girl.


So back on the horse or bike (neither of which I can operate, I should point out). Tomorrow is another day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need chocolate. And a hug from your midget. Too bad only one of those is possible right now.

VK said...

You know what? I think he/her WILL get mauled by a bear. Because anyone who can pay cash on a house is bound to get their come-uppins sooner or later.

Cheap Cook said...

Dude, I'm sorry.

So you didn't get this house. There's more out there. As the recession becomes more of a reality and housing process continue to drop--there will be more on the market, including people trying to get rid of houses that were once appraised at 500,000k but are now only worth 250,000k (it's going to happen all over seattle, yo--so just wait).

poverty said...

We could always egg the house. That'll learn 'em from buying houses out from under the Kaiser.

Muscle in a Cavity said...

Next time, bake cookies and send 'em with yer offer.

Fuck knows what a perfect initial offer is. Cash for a house? I'm lucky if I can afford the auto shop bill I'm going to get, when I bring in my car tomorrow.

Good luck with the next one.

Sarah said...

Boop. Hi Cedar. Sorry to hear about the house. That's a super bummer. I hope everything is going well otherwise!