Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We're out of the woods, we're out of the dark, we're out of the night

22281ozthe-wizard-of-oz-posters2
I should change my blog name to A.D.D. O.D. this week because I feel like a fifteen-year-old in Chemistry class right about now. Distracted and twitchy, I'm day-dreaming my way through any free time and totally spazzing out while caring for my daughter. She seems to be enjoying it--after all, who doesn't want a mom who can make 16 different animal noises and then dance like an uncoordinated Michael Jackson for her entertainment. I'm like my own variety show.

I tend to get this way every Spring. I don't know if its psychological (whee! It's Spring! Let's party!) or physiological (Get moving to the summer feeding/hunting grounds, humanoid) but I'm clearly a victim of our unseasonably warm weather this year. Something about cherry trees in full bloom and wee daffodils poking out through the grass is making me want to don a flippy dress and go running through the park.

It's amazing to think that this is Indie's first Spring. Let that sink in. Her first Spring. Imagine if you'd never seen the world unfurl after a wintry sleep. Imagine if all you knew of the outside were grey days and rain and then all of a sudden there was sun and color and birds singing. It must be like the Wizard of Oz when it switches from black and white to color.

1 comment:

HUNGRY HEDGEHOG said...

OMG, I'm so happy you are blogging again. I love you.