Thursday, January 31, 2008

Gahhh. Gah, I say


Dear lord, I'm tired. I had to wake up pre-7 a.m., which is an ungodly time and should be banned. Have I mentioned I'm not a morning person? Well I'm not. Morning people disturb me. I mean, what is wrong with them? Why are they so cheerful? Mornings should be spent grumbling and angry, gripping a coffee pot and cursing the dawn, not poncing about with shit-eating grins doing yoga or whatever else morning people do.

I slinked off to the lactation room to take a nap at around 11:00. Thankfully no one noticed I was gone for half an hour. Despite the fact that this means I'm even less important than I flatter myself to be, I'll keep up with my little siestas and hope no one grows the wiser. We used to have a whole unused wing of our building where I could lie down during lunch, baking in the window-enhanced sun like an overgrown, hairless cat. It's unfortunately occupied now, narrowing my napping resources, but I'll soldier on. Sure, I run the risk of having new moms with milk-heavy breasts honing in on my quiet time, but I figure they probably need the break more than I do. I'm so giving.

3 comments:

VK said...

I fancied myself a morning person once. And then one day...I just didn't get up...until 9:00, that is. I haven't been the same since.

HUNGRY HEDGEHOG said...

You people who nap in the lactation room are the bane of my milk-laden existence. Of course, we have an actual nap room in my building, which makes the people who nap in the lactation room pretty idiotic.

Muscle in a Cavity said...

Was a morning person for a very brief period of time. The switch fit exercise into my routine, but didn't last long. I quickly went back and, to make up for lost time, started getting up a little later every day.

Oh, and I too love naps at work. My work room is pretty big. I have a small couch wedged into a corner of the room, between some storage cabinets, with a very large box both obstructing the couch from view and acting as a sliding door.

Almost daily I snuggle up on that couch, read till I'm sleepy and drift off as I gaze out the window at Ikea.