Thursday, May 29, 2008

Go, go gadget arms!


I tend to overextend myself. And overextend myself. And then suddenly snap. Because I am both extremely efficient and a consummate procrastinator I often think I can handle just about anything thrown my way. I always get it done in the end, right?


Well, this theory is about to be tested, along with the outer reaches of my limits, because I have signed on to do freelance work for a fashion Website. In addition to my 45-hours at work per week and my daily commute of 1.5-2 hours, I will now be cramming in about 10 hours a week writing copy for this semi-startup. All of which has to be done on the weekend.


I really, really wish it was the fall and not summer, a time that I like to spend generally lazing about during my off hours. I wouldn't have taken the gig if it weren't for the fact that I could really use the experience. Fashion copy opens up a whole new world of options for me in the future.


So there it is. Always feast or famine, right? At least I'll have extra money...and no time to spend it. So we'll see how long I last.

1 comment:

Muscle in a Cavity said...

That sounds like a cool gig, with unfortunate timing. Still, I would have taken a design gig for a fashion company too. And yes, I want to see the Sex and the City movie.